Therapeutic exercises for varicose veins in the lower legs will help prevent further progression of the pathology and speed recovery. Even with a diagnosis of "varicose veins", physiotherapy training is necessarily included in the conservative therapy scheme. If you regularly do a set of exercises, it will be possible not only to strengthen the veins and restore their former elasticity, but also to lose weight, which is important in such pathological conditions.
Gymnastics for varicose veins of the lower legs is recommended for all patients as a preventive measure, as well as to prevent dangerous complications. Moderate physical activity stimulates the function of internal organs, normalizes blood circulation, and helps strengthen diseased blood vessels. In some cases, even if the minimum load is prohibited, so all exercises are performed strictly according to the doctor's instructions, self -appointment is not acceptable.
What are the benefits, efficiency?
First of all, gymnastics for legs with varicose veins is effective against venous blood stasis. If the blood vessels do not function normally, the process of removing fluid from the body will be disrupted, which will lead to increased pressure and the formation of edema. In addition, a properly selected complex of exercise therapy helps to accelerate weight loss, and a person gets good results.
Training for varicose veins allows:
- regulate venous, lymphatic outflow;
- making a person physically strong;
- normalize arterial circulation;
- improve the tone and elasticity of blood vessels;
- eliminates edema.
Complex exercise therapy
Before straightening, the bent leg should be raised.
Such a complex is universal, indicated for the expansion of the small pelvic venous ducts, as well as the upper and lower parts. The training is simple, everything can be done at home, after consulting a phlebologist. Useful and effective exercises are:
- Lying on the surface, bend the legs, pull as close as possible to the chest. Next, straighten, stretch, set in position for 3-5 seconds. Lower the limb and repeat the same with the second.
- In the same position, both limbs, bent at the knees, raise. Then straighten, linger for 5-7 seconds, return to starting position.
- Lying with your back on the surface, lift the lower limbs, perform rotational movements with your feet, then bend and open your fingers.
- Sit on a chair, place your heels on the surface, and move your socks in the opposite direction.
- Lying on your stomach, slowly lift your legs straight, concentrate the load on the thigh and back muscles.
- Lean on the heel, and then on the toes, moving along the surface for 2-3 minutes.
- Lift the legs high for 10 minutes. walk in place.
To unload the limb vessel, you need to put a roller under it and lie down like that.
When varicose veins in the legs are diagnosed, it is recommended to include the following exercises in the exercise therapy complex:
- Lie on a flat surface, close your eyes, relax, place the roller under your lower limb so that it rises above the floor. Remain in this position for 15-20 minutes. Such exercises for legs with varicose veins will help unload the veins, normalizing blood outflow.
- In a prone position, bend your legs at the knees, place your feet on the surface. Inhale, lift the upper body, touch the feet with your hands.
- Hold the fitness ball between your knees. Perform squeezing-pulling of the limbs with elastic movements.
- Lie near the wall, leaning on it with your feet. Concentrate the load on the legs, lift the hips, hold for 3-5 seconds, lower.
All leg exercises are recommended to be done in a prone position.
The best exercise for the pelvic organs
With the development of small pelvic varicose veins, stretching is recommended before starting exercise, which is done while sitting or lying down. For example, an excellent option for stretching is an incomplete thread, but if a person has a progressive stage, it is better to seek medical advice, because in this situation, improper physical activity leads to deterioration.
For the legs, it is useful to do exercises with cycling imitations.
Such physical education is useful for varicose veins:
- In a sitting position, lift the lower limbs, imitating cycling. It is necessary to control that the spine is pressed to the surface as much as possible.
- Lying on your back, lift your legs at 45 degrees above the floor. Doing a cross, imitating the carving with scissors.
- Lying on the surface, press the shoulder blades firmly to the floor, lift the hips, lower legs as high as possible, hold in this position until a feeling of fatigue appears.
- Standing upright, with legs shoulder-width apart, do a semi-squat, trying not to fall below the location of the knee joint.
- Sit on the floor, place your hands behind your back, lean on them. Bend the lower limb at the joint, lift the other off the floor, hold for 15-20 seconds, then switch legs.
A set of exercises for the upper limbs
To prevent further development of varicose veins in the hands, it is useful to regularly perform such a set of exercises:
- Lying on the surface, place the roller under your head. Raise your hands, clench your fists, then relax.
- In the same position, perform a vibration movement with the upper limb.
- Crossing your arms behind your head, turn your body in different directions.
- Perform fan movements with your fingers at least 25 times.
- Stand up, the body will lean forward slightly, with the upper limb doing a wide cross swing.
- Place the ball with the spikes between the palms of the hands. Squeeze-unclench vigorously, which is useful for successful treatment of upper varicose veins.
For preventative purposes, rolls from heel to toe are made.
The following exercises for varicose veins are recommended as general prevention. Classes are easy, so they are allowed to do at home. The following exercises are effective:
- In a standing position, do rolls on the feet, leaning on the toes, then on the heels.
- Walk in place, trying not to tear your socks from the surface.
- Keep your back straight, lift and lower your shoulders.
- Raise your arms, stretch as high as possible on your toes.
- Lying on your stomach, do contractions-relaxation of the back muscles.
- Jump on your toes, then walk on your heels.
- Sit on a chair, lift the legs in turns, rotate at the knee joints.
What exercises can you do?
With varicose veins, physical activity is required, as it is possible to improve blood circulation and prevent the process of stagnation. However, not all sports are allowed with such a diagnosis. In order not to trigger complications, the best solution in this situation is to visit a phlebologist and coordinate the training complex with him. The safe types of exercise for varicose veins are:
- swimming and water aerobics;
- yoga, shaping, stretching;
- sports walking;
With such pathology, it is permissible to engage in elliptical trainers.
If the doctor allows, the exercise can be done using a simulator. The following are considered effective:
- elliptical trainer;
- exercise bikes;
What exercises should not be done with varicose veins?
For patients diagnosed with varicose veins, the doctor will definitely make a list of burdens that should be avoided. It is strictly forbidden to engage in professional power sports, in addition, the prohibited exercises for varicose veins are:
- heavy weight concept, rod;
- long jump and high jump;
- step aerobics;
- intense run.
In order for physical training to bring maximum benefits and not cause negative consequences, it is recommended to wear compression, supportive underwear and stockings during training, thanks to the normal pressure maintained in the vessel and no sudden jumps. The doctor will help you choose the type of underwear or stockings, taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient's body.
If you feel unwell, even the lightest exercise should not be done. It is worth being careful if you are worried about pain in the legs, swelling. In this case, you should immediately contact a phlebologist and exclude the load for a while until the situation returns to normal. An anti-varicose diet will help enhance the effect of exercise therapy, where the menu is enriched with products containing rutin, fiber and vitamins P, C, A, E. Thanks to this integrated approach, it will be possible to prevent further development of varicose veins andprotect venous health.